Saturday, February 7, 2009

HOW THE MASTER PRAYED

I used to pray to the Divine Mother in this way: " O Mother, Who art the embodiment of bliss, Thou must reveal Thyself to me." And sometimes I would pray: " O Lord of the meek I O Lord of the humble! Am I outside Thy universe? I have neither knowledge, nor devotion, nor the merit of austerities. I know nothing. O Lord, in Thy infinite mercy Thou must vouchsafe Thy vision to me."

O Mother Divine ! I want no honour from men, I want no pleasures of the flesh, only let my soul flow into Thee as the permanent confluence of the Ganges and the Jumna. Mother, I am without Bhakti, without Yoga, I am poor and friendless, and I want no one s praise.; only let my mind always dwell at Thy lotus feet.

Mother, I am the Yantra (the instrument), Thou art the Yantri (the mover); I am the room, Thou art the tenant; I am the sheath, Thou art the sword; I am the chariot, Thou art the charioteer. I do as Thou makest me do; I speak as Thou makest me speak; I behave as Thou within me behavest; not ' I , not ' I \ but Thou'.

One is sure to realise God, if only one has great devotion to truth. On the contrary, if one has no regard for truth, everything of his will be destroyed gradually. After attaining to this state (of God-realisation), I told Mother, taking flowers in my hand, " O Mother, here take back Thy1 knowledge and Thy ignorance, Thy purity and Thy impurity, Thy good and also Thy bad, Thy virtue and Thy sin ; give me only pure Bhakti, Mother." But when I said all these to Mother, I could not say, ' Take back Thy truth and untruth." All I could return back to Mother, but not truth.

1.Here 'Thy’ means of ‘Thy creation’.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

  ©Ramakrishna Parables. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO